Centennial Park - Wild Play for Families, 10am to 12pm, From $25, Age: All
There is a compelling and growing research argument that in a technologically changing world, children need play in nature now more than ever. However, this can be a daunting and challenging experience for parents and carers if they are unsure of how to manage their children who want to explore, take risks and be challenged in a natural learning environment.
Join our Wild Play expert for a workshop in the art of nature play. Areas covered will include:
Introduction to Wild Play, benefits and outcomes for nature based children and families
Managing safety whilst encouraging challenge and adventure
Enhancing and enabling curiosity, creativity and imagination in the outdoors
Understanding nature (plant, animal ID and some basic natural history)
For all parents and carers who wish to get their children outside but aren’t quite sure how to negotiate and make the most of a nature play experience, this is the workshop for you.
When: Saturday 25 August 2018 from 10am to 12pm
Age: All ages, must have adult supervision.
Cost: From $25, purchase tickets online here
Where: The WILD PLAY Discovery Centre, Dickens Drive . Entry to the Garden is from Grand Drive, in Centennial Park. Click here to download map
Parking: In Centennial Park
- always park in designated parking areas - front first along Grand Drive's parking bays
- be aware of the timed parking zones at specific points, particularly around main entry gates
- always be aware of pedestrians, cyclists, horses and dogs - and especially the presence of small children
- never park - or even stop temporarily - in the cycle lane on the left side of Grand Drive
- be aware that Banksia Way - adjacent to Centennial Parklands Dining - is now a shared zone with no general visitor parking available