Powerhouse Museum, Star Wars Ultimate Fan Weekend, 9am–5pm, Child: Free
In celebration of the annual ‘May the 4th Be With You’ fan day, MAAS and The Walt Disney Company Australia invite all Star Wars fans to join us for the Ultimate Fan Weekend at the Powerhouse Museum!
Jump in the cockpit of a 1:1 scale X-wing Resistance fighter and explore the the Star Wars universe throughout the Museum with Jedi Training, character appearances, costume competitions, augmented reality experiences, coding workshops, games and more.
- Jump in the cockpit of a 1:1 scale X-wing Resistance fighter
- Experience the thrill of an augmented reality lightsaber duel with Lenovo’s Star Wars: Jedi Challenges
- Repair BB-8 and friends in the virtual reality story, Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay
- Hone your lightsaber technique and don training robes with Jedi Experience
- Bring BB-8, BB-9E and R2-D2 to life with hands-on Sphero coding classes
- See Star Wars collector’s items from the MAAS collection
- Join talks and panels with Star Wars fans and commentators (times to be confirmed)
- View screenings of both fan-made and official Star Wars content
- Capture selfies with life-size character statues (including Chewbacca!)
- Let the kids loose in space in the themed playground
- Sign up on the day for coding workshops and costume competitions
- Plus lots more to be announced!
Come dressed up as your favourite Star Wars character to celebrate the day. Prizes will be on offer as part of the costume competitions:
- Kids (under 16) costume competition – 12.30pm Saturday & Sunday
- Adult costume competition – 1pm Saturday & Sunday, 8pm Saturday
The ultimate Star Wars experience will spill out onto the forecourt of the Museum and into the evening when the Museum is open on Saturday night for an adults-only evening.
Bookings are essential for this ultimate weekend. May the force be with you!
For more info, check out the website here
When: Saturday, 5th & 6th May 2018, 9am–6pm.
There is also a cheeky Adults only session if you have a babysitter: Saturday, 5th May 2018, 7–10pm
Ages: All ages
Price: Child under the age of 16 is free, Adults $15. Book tickets online here
500 Harris Street, Ultimo, NSW 2007
Wilson Parking (adjacent to Novotel Sydney Central), 179 Thomas Street, Haymarket
Harbourside Car park, 100 Murray Street, Pyrmont. Phone 1800 PARKING (1800 727 5464)
Discounted $15 all day parking is available for Powerhouse Museum visitors. To obtain the discount, your parking ticket must be validated at the designated machine located in the Museum shop before returning to the car park.
Onsite Cafe: MAAS Cafe
Awesome Coffee: The Q on Harris